In hip-hop, there are fewer more ambitious personal brands than Travis Scott’s, whose Astroworld Tour grossed more than $53 million in 2019, making it the year's top hip-hop roadshow.
Travis Scott’s estimated net worth is close to $40 million earned with the creation of his own festival, Jordan and Nike collaborations, and endorsements including Reese’s Puffs cereal, JackBoys Hot Wheels and much more.
The producer, writer and artist has built a brand recognizable around the globe. His most recent venture with McDonald’s is a testament to his brand building power. The partnership between hip hop and the Golden Arches will no doubt be successful, proving that the importance of building a brand is undeniable.
Here are 7 tips to get you started building your brand:
- Discover the purpose behind your brand
- Pick your focus and personality
- Research competitor brands within your industry then create a brand competitor research spreadsheet
- Design your logo and create a tagline--It’s the face of your brand
- Determine your brand’s target audience. Exactly who are you talking to? Start small and remember to focus on your target niche audience first.
- Form your unique brand voice. Are you professional, friendly, authoritative, conversational?
- Be your brand’s biggest advocate!
Can your brand benefit from a platform that helps you monetize your audience and performances? Click here to request a demo.
In conclusion, if you build it, they will come…
Building a high profile brand is a process, it doesn’t happen overnight.